Monday, November 21, 2011

Doctor Who Paranoia

So as you all may know by listening to the podcast I’ve been catching up on Doctor Who.  I didn’t start watching until shortly after we began recording for Beaucoup Pop.  There have been lulls where I don’t have time to watch, but when I do they are high concentrated doses.  These hard core doses leave me with crazy dreams at night and a barrel full of things to be paranoid about. “Paranoid about what?” you say?...I’m so glad you asked.



   
Number 5:
“Are you my Mummy?”

So this was the very first thing to truly creep me out from the series.  The episode starts off already on the right track with a creepy child running after orphans of the war and all he seems to say is, “Are you my Mummy”...add the gas mask to that and you get pure terror.  Then you find out that it’s not simply a mask....it’s part of their FACE...THEIR FACE.  I get the serious willies just thinking about it.  I will never look at a gas mask the same way again, and if put into the situation I would use caution when needing to wear one.   “Are you my Mum-” STOP IT!!!!  @_@


Number 4:
“Must be a hell of a scary crack in your wall.”

I go from one of the first to the most recent (for me).  And let me start off by saying that I’m in the middle of the fourth season, so for the love of God no spoilers from you guys....OK?  The new Doctor comes with a whole new story arch and the fourth season doesn’t let the viewer down.  Steven Moffat was inspired by a crack on the wall in his son’s room...and of course what does he turn it into?  The end of time itself.  Great...DON’T GO NEAR IT!!!...someone get me some Spackle, let’s nip this thing in the bud ASAP.


Number 3:
“Oh it's a beautifully fat country. And believe me I've come a long way to find obesity on this scale.”

This incredible episode that reunites Donna and the Doctor also had one of the most weird premises to date.  Apparently America isn’t the only country with a massive weight problem, and in this episode London is introduced to an amazing weight-loss pill that allows the fat to just walk right off...literally.  On the bright side, your fat becomes adorable little alien babies...down side, you may rupture into hundreds of them.  You know what...why don’t we just lay off second helpings for awhile.


Number 2:
“Count the shadows”

“The Silent Library” was one of the many episodes from season four that left me with my heart racing and well...my eyes watery (it makes mah eyes rain T_T).  Not only is it the episode that introduces River Song (played by the amazing Alex Kingston) but it introduces my number two paranoia...shadows.
The Doctor: Almost every species in the Universe has an irrational fear of the dark. But they're wrong. 'Cause it's not irrational. It's Vashta Nerada.
Donna: What's Vashta Nerada?
The Doctor: It's what's in the dark. It's what's always in the dark.

Fantastic...oh and it eats flesh quicker than any piranhas would?  Oh OK...yep...fine, add that to the li-”Hey, who turned out the lights?” @_@


Number One:
STATUES OF ANGELS
“Don’t blink.”


The episode simply titled “Blink” originally aired on June 9th 2007 and it’s said to be one of the reasons for Doctor Who becoming so popular world wide.  Steven Moffat won several awards for the episode, rightfully, and it’s still one of my favorites so far in the series.  In this “Doctor-lite” episode we meet a ancient race of aliens know as the “Weeping Angels”.  I won’t go into too much detail for those who aren’t caught up.  All you need to know is that when you blink....



THIS HAPPENS....
BUH!!!  I hate even looking at it now....freaky-ass angels...>_<



You know, I need a mind cleaner after that.
Ahhh...yes...I still miss you and your face. :3


So there you have it.  Like I said I’m not all caught up yet but I’ll be there soon and I’m sure there will be a few additions to this list.  And I really need to start taking my own advise about not watching right before I go to bed...freaky-ass angel dreams are NOT fun.  So remember...be weary of gas masks, cracks in...well ANYWHERE, weight-loss pills, shadows (COUNT!) and lastly statues of any kind but mainly angels hinding their face.  Got that?

3 comments:

Abby said...

I love it! A student of mine got me to watch blink, the episode with the statues. I'm a Doctor Who junkie now!

Abby said...

We are watching the gas mask episode as we speak. Dang it! So creepy!

Tressina Bowling said...

@ Abby I know!!! >_< freakin' creepy kids...

Post a Comment

Hello Poppers!