Thursday, September 8, 2011

Kerry's Korner 9/7/11

Alright Poppers!!  I have my potted plant so here we go!  It's a blog post this week because I'm not psychic, sadly...so I couldn't report future news when we recorded part 2 of our innovations in gaming episode haha.  But that's okay!  I bring it to you now!

The Oscars
Stuff has been flying around about who was going to be the host for the 84th Oscars.  Ricky Gervais even said that he was asked back - which was not true, haha.  But it's now official!  It looks like our next host is going to be Eddie Murphy.  Color me intrigued.


Wolverine 2
This movie is...just a hot mess.  The more that gets reported about it, the more I dread its' existence.  So it was revealed a mere TWO WEEKS after the Vancouver Sun said production was going to launch by next March that Mark Bomback has been brought in for some rewrites in the screenplay.
-_-
I'm just...done. *sigh*


Expendables 2
What started out as just speculation has finally been confirmed.  Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger will be there, and both will have "substantial" roles opposite of Sylvester Stallone.  Hmm... Interesting...


Eh...
Josh Brolin has signed on to play the lead role in Spike Lee's remake of Oldboy... 


X-Files news - what?
In an interview with Australian television presenter Kylie Speer, Gillian Anderson mentioned that a new movie was in the works, and that she hopes it would be out in 2012.  David Duchovny has also mentioned this before, but without any sort of statement from Chris Carter I'm skeptical about it's existence.



Blu-ray goodness!
Guess what's finally gonna be coming out on blu-ray on December 13?!  Why...none other than THE ROCKETEER!  It's going to be a 20th Anniversary Edition set, but there are no specs for it yet.  You can already pre-order it on amazon.com for a mere $18.49  So hop to it.


Oh Warner Bros...
David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith of KatzSmith Productions have signed a two-year producing deal at WB.  One of their first projects that is expected is a sequel to the 1988 Tim Burton-directed amazing film Beetlejuice.  This is not confirmed in the least, as details of their contract are still being worked out, but there is a distinct possibility that Beetlejuice 2 will be one of the first scripts this deal brings into fruition.
Like a lot of things in this regard, I'm wary.. :/ Don't like the idea of a sequel to a great movie being made MANY years later (*cough*Kingdom of the Crystal Skull*cough*) but whatever.


Do not pass GO and do not collect $200
Ridley Scott's Monopoly project has been dropped by Universal, but it isn't quite dead yet.  Scott and Hasbro have gone ahead and hired Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski to write the script.  These guys have worked on Ed Wood, People vs. Larry Flynt, and 1408 (to name a few) so it seems a pretty solid choice.  Check out the link below for details on the premise of the movie.  It sounds pretty sweet, especially with Ridley Scott at the helm.


Vin Diesel's 'Riddick'
We have storyboard art!!!  Check this shit out.
Pretty awesome!  I'm personally looking forward to Chronicles of Riddick: Dead Man Stalking.  I've enjoyed the other ones, and love Vin Diesel.  On his Facebook page, Diesel revealed that it IS getting an R-rating, and says he's felt like a kid in a candy shop getting to work on the world and style of this picture shown above, as well as all other storyboards and concept art being shelled out.  He also said that the first stop in production is going to be in Canada, where a large part of Chronicles was filmed.  Exciting!!


Well kiddies, that's about all I've got for this week!!  I'm gonna water my plant, and pop out of my corner until next time. :)




3 comments:

Matt Seckman said...

Fuck yeah, new X-Files movie! This is like my Resident Evil guilty pleasure...the more the merrier. I like how the last one moved away from supernatural and into more crime drama...why not? They are FBI are they? Mulder and Scully just make a good pair, no matter what they're investigating.

And I’m SO EXCITED about the possibility of another Beetlejuice…that is, if they get Michael Keaton…with all the makeup involved, he can never be too old to play him. :) And I don’t see why they couldn’t get Tim Buron and Winona Ryder back again…maybe Beetlejuice is back haunting her and her kids or something. We’ll see…

Thanks for the updates Kerry!

CommunionNimrod said...

Yes, if they do all those things and Beetlejuice 2 is done PROPERLY it will be freaking awesome. Fingers crossed they take that route. :-D

Christopher John (@Christopher2814) said...

I've almost completely forgotten about the original X-Men movies, even though they didn't come out that long ago. I was not a fan of the first Wolverine movie in the slightest so I'm not anticipating another one. I loved First Class and I'm looking forward to what comes next from that series.

Post a Comment

Hello Poppers!