Tuesday, June 12, 2012

You Need to Know-Grimes

I again find myself in the strange position of wanting to review an album I've fallen head over heels for, but not knowing where to even start. You need to listen to "Visions," by Grimes. Plain and simple...it's wonderful. When I put it on, I don't want it to end. To say she has a voice unlike most is an understatement. To call this music she's making 'electronic' isn't exactly accurate, either. It is, but that's not it. It isn't cold in a purely mechanical, robotic way. It's quite bubbly, in fact. I hope to hear much more from this young artist, though I have no idea what direction she will go, or where I'd even like her to go.


Since I'm not sure how to review this rather than recommending you pick up a copy, I'll include a link to the review Pitchfork gave it:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/16211-grimes-visions/


Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Poppers!