Tuesday, June 19, 2012

This Is What I'm Listening To Now...Kimbra

Anyone who knows me knows that one of my favorite things to do is to discover new, and hopefully awesome, music. I haven't done one of these music blogs in a while, not because there's nothing awesome being release, but more because...I'm just lazy! :) But I have a back log of so many cool artists, that I just have to start sharing them with everyone. To jump start it, I bring you Kimbra. This chick is the SHIT I tell you.

Only 22, and hailing from New Zealand, singer-songwriter released her powerhouse debut, Vows, in August 2011 (in Australia & New Zealand) and May 2012 (in the US) and has spawned 3 charting singles, "Settle Down", "Cameo Lover" and "Good Intent". This was another one of those albums that Amazon just KNEW I'd love...and boy was Amazon right. Her style, vocally, is right up there with Adele, Duffy, Amy Winehouse, Nina Simone and Sharon and the Dap-Kings, while musically she's been compared to (again) Amy Winehouse, Bjork and Katy Perry (but don't let that turn you off, if you don't like Ms. Perry).

When it comes to music, the best thing to do is just listen and judge for yourself, but I'm telling you, just go by the album. It's cheap, and WELL worth it. Here's some videos to check out!





This is what I'm listening to,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Poppers!