Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Medieval Cocktail

What do you get when you mix the medieval fantasy of George R. R. Martin with Sean Bean and HBO? A giant, knock you on your ass, cocktail of AWESOMENESS!!

I just discovered today that the master of television, HBO, is airing a new TV series entitled Game of Thrones on April 17, 2011. The show is based on George R. R. Martin's best-selling series A Song of Ice and Fire (the first book, you guessed it, is A Games of Thrones). The television series is expected to follow the multiple storylines of the A Song of Ice and Fire series.

I have never read the novels (but will now!) but I have heard of A Games of Thrones before. Fantasy Flight Games makes a few Board/Card Games called A Games of Thrones, which are based on the world of George R. R. Martin. SO in a way…this show is based off of a board game! ^_^ Sweet!

When I saw the first trailer I almost burst with joy. I’ve been asking for a kick ass medieval for the longest time. Networks like HBO and Showtime do awesome period dramas all the time (Tutors anyone?) but no one has done a good old Castles and Broadswords show. I’m stoked…now if I could only afford HBO. T_T I need a friend with HBO, stat!

Check out this video which was posted on Topless Robot today.


This is the world as I see it. Matt out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Poppers!