Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Kerry's Korner for 8/24/11

Aaaaaaaand here's my little slice of the news, since we didn't have our episode this week. This corner just...isn't as homey as the other one. I need to get a potted plant or something.

~movie poster uploaded for Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

















This...looks pretty badass. Not gonna lie. I've definitely got my fingers crossed that it's a lot better than the other one.


~Ridley Scott is set to direct a new Blade Runner film
It has not yet been revealed if this is a prequel or a sequel of the original, but it is happening. I wonder if Harrison Ford will return to reprise his role as Richard Deckard... or is he too old? Didn't stop the 4th Indiana Jones film. Hmm... definitely intrigued to hear more details as it all unfolds.




~Bruce Willis is 100% going to be in the new G.I. Joe movie











I mentioned that negotiations were in effect for this to happen on last week's show, and yes boys and girls, it has been finalized. Bruce Willis, the man amongst men, is going to play Joe Colton. It was officially confirmed by The Rock, on his Twitter account.


~New cast member for The Office
This is...bizarre. The Office is getting a new member: Josh Groban. According to Deadline, he is going to play Andy Bernard's brother.
Um...ok... O.o



~THE WOLVERINE







(rawr!)


Hugh Jackman and the cast of Wolverine 2 are heading to Vancouver in November to start filming, kiddies! I'm sure set photos will be all over the place soon. Still no release date set for the film yet. Yeah...alright.


~Uh oh, Apple
The board of directors over at Apple announced today that Steve Jobs has resigned as CEO of the company. This is what was said in his resignation letter:
"I have always said that if there ever came a day where I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.


I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director, and Apple employee."
Steve Jobs has been having quite a few health problems of late, and it looks like it's catching up with him. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer back in 2004, and in 2009 underwent liver transplant surgery. Tim Cook, who has been acting CEO while Jobs had to take a medical leave of absence, has been officially named the new CEO - along with Jobs' recommendation for him to stay there.
I'm interested to see if this affects the company at all. We shall see....


Well! That's about all I had sitting over here this week! We'll be back next week with a new episode, and a special surprise. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. The apple thing bugs me because I fear it means he's dying.

Christopher John (@Christopher2814) said...

I was pleased with the new Ghost Rider trailer, which was surprising because I had almost nothing nice to say about the first one. Fingers crossed that this one is better, but admittedly that bar isn't all that high.

Follow me on Twitter @Christopher2814

Post a Comment

Hello Poppers!