Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Most Adorable Movie Creatures

So I got to thinking about creating a post that went along with the month of Halloween...and I really couldn't come up with anything that hasn't already been done.  So I bring you my list of the most adorable movie creatures in no particular order...your welcome.

Falkor the Luckdragon from The Neverending Story
I mean come oooonnnnn....look at that face and those big floppy ears!!! :3  And the picture pretty much sums it up, I wanted to fly the skies with the dog-dragon fluffy thing, badly.  The scales kinda creeped me out as a kid but his gentle voice and giant brown sparkly eyes made me at ease.  I heart you Falkor.


Fizzgig from The Dark Crystal
Some may find this little ball of fur annoying but I giggle every flippin' time I even see a picture of him.  With his eyes dangerously close to each other and a mouth that's made for mangling he protects Jen from the evils of the world...or he tries to...he basically rolls around a lot.  But seriously...I want to squeeze him.


The Ewoks from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
Or more specifically Wicket.
I really shouldn't have to explain myself on this...he's a Teddy Bear!!!! @_@  And he makes noises that I sometimes imitate when I've had one too many drinks, don't judge me.  Some of the other Ewoks are not so cute, you should really look at some in the background...scary....but Wicket is the front runner in the Ewok cutie pagent.


Holy shit, llama's that look like Ewoks!!!????  I want to go to there.



Gizmo from Gremlins
He's tiny, he sings, and he's magical!!!  But for the love of all things holy don't get him wet or feed him after midnight.  I have a toy of Gizmo that rocks back and forth and sings the little Mogwai song, it makes me almost cry everytime I hear that song...cry from the overwhelming squee factor.  My cats on the other hand think he's a demon out to replace them.  I almost would if he did this with me too:
LOOK AT THE FACE!!!!!  XD


R2D2 from Star Wars
OK, well he's not furry and he doesn't have big puppy dog eyes, but you have to admit that R2D2 is one of the cutest robots ever.  Residing in Skywalker family for quite a while, he's compact, fast, scrappy and you know that some of those bleeps and blerps are curse words.  I grew up with the character, and when I saw for the first time a handmade constructed replica rolling towards me...I flipped my geeky shit.


Dobby the House Elf from Harry Potter
Dobby is the only CGI character on my list, mostly because CGI charaters don't seem to have the same effect on me as a puppet does.  Dobby is the exception.  It's a real shame that he wasn't in more of the films (like he was supposed to be), because he was the purist example of loyalty in the story.  He always had Harry's back and it brought me to tears when he met an untimely heroic death.

I almost could have titled this with "pint-sized" if it weren't for Falkor.  I'm sure there are MANY that I missed but I was also not counting any cartoons or animimated characters.  Like I said, the knowledge that the creature I was watching on the big screen was actually there with the other actors made them that much more....ADORABLE.

This squee sized post was brought to you by:



1 comment:

Matt Seckman said...

Great list...I love Gizmo!!

If we add animated characters, mine would be the Flying Carpet(from Aladdin). I heart him.

Post a Comment

Hello Poppers!