So I hope everyone has ravaged your couches for lost change, hoarded those gift cards and have no plans for your 'thank god March has 3 week so I get an extra paycheck this month' cause this week is a doozy!! All I have to say is Game of Fucking Thrones and Mass E...wait, no...I save that one for later. I hope you have an emergency savings fund...cause here's some of what coming out the week of March 06, 2012!
Game of Thrones, the first book in author George R.R. Martin's sprawling fantasy saga A Song of Fire and Ice, serves as the basis for this brawny, lusty series about courtly intrigue and civil war in a sprawling fantasy kingdom. TV and fantasy veteran Sean Bean (The Lord of the Rings, Sharpe's Rifles) leads the massive cast as the warrior-noble Eddard Stark, who reluctantly assumes the role as the Hand of the King after the mysterious death of his predecessor. The King, Robert Baratheon, has leadership of the lands of Westeros, a mythical country plagued by severe, decade-long shifts in weather. His rule is challenged by the exiled Prince Viserys Targaryen , who trades his own sister for the allegiance of the Dothraki, a savage nomadic tribe led by Khal Drogo. A shocking secret kept hidden by Queen Cersei Lannister leads to an upset in the balance of power and, ultimately, a challenge to the House of Stark to bring control to the bloodshed that threatens to overtake Westeros.
- Blu-ray Complete Guide to Westeros An interactive compendium of the noble houses and lands featured in season one, PLUS 24 exclusive histories of the Seven Kingdoms as told by the characters themselves.
- In-Episode Guide In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories while each episode plays.
- Anatomy of an Episode An in-episode experience that explores the creative minds and colossal efforts behind episode six, “A Golden Crown.”
- Hidden Dragon Eggs Find the hidden dragon eggs to uncover even more never-before-scene content.
- Making Game of Thrones
An exclusive 30-minute feature including never-before-seen footage from the set and interviews from the cast and crew.
- Character Profiles
Profiles of 15 major characters as described by the actors portraying them.
- Creating the Show Open
An inside look at the creation of the Emmy®-winning opening title sequence for Game of Thrones.
- From the Book to the Screen
Executive producers David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, and author George R.R. Martin talk about the challenges of bringing Martin’s epic fantasy novel to life on HBO.
- The Night’s Watch
An in-depth look at the unique order of men who patrol and protect the Wall, a 700 foot ice structure that separates the Seven Kingdoms from the darkness beyond.
- Creating the Dothraki Language
An insightful glance into the comprehensive language created for the Dothraki people in Game of Thrones.
- Audio Commentaries
Seven audio commentaries with Cast and Crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, and more.
An excellent, albeit depressing, Studio Ghibili film. Curious why this is being released by Sentai Filmworks now that Disney is connected to Studio Ghibili...hmmm...
As if anyone will have any extra money to spend after GoT and Mass Eff...EH! again, I'll get to that later...but in case you do, here's a few other releases I'll mention...the Good, the BAD and the Uuuuuuuglyyyyy:
and the Uuuuuuuuuglyyyy! Dear god WHY was this MADE?
and for Kerry!
Wrecking Ball (Special Edition) by Bruce Springsteen
Drugs 'N Hymns by Rocca Deluca
|I LOVE this band! ~Matt|
Break It Yourself by Andrew Bird
Live Barefoot At The Symphony by Idina Menzel
Japonicana (US Release) by Jin Akanishi
John Carter [Soundtrack] by Michael Giacchino
Mass Effect 3
(also available on the PS3)
What can be said that's hasn't already been said about the MASSIVENESS of this game? And who DOESN'T know that this is coming out this week? Well...I didn't...but I have an excuse...I've yet finish the FIRST game...and for that I have NO excuse. LOL!
Mass Effect 3 is a Role-playing Game (RPG) / Third-Person Shooter hybrid set in a Science Fiction universe. Mass Effect 3 is the third game in the popular Mass Effect series, and is rumored to be the final installment. In it players continue the adventures of Commander Shepard utilizing extreme character customization which is the hallmark feature of the series. Additional features include: the ability to import decisions from both of the previous games into the new game, ownership/play of previous games not required, customizable weapons, improved mobility and melee combat, many returning characters (if they were not killed off in previous imported games), an improved cover system that allows for more action, compatibility with the Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360 and more.
The Final Chapter in the Mass Effect Trilogy
Not everyone will survive. An ancient alien race, known only as "Reapers," has launched an all-out invasion leaving nothing but a trail of destruction in their wake. Earth has been taken, the galaxy is on the verge of total annihilation, and you are the only one who can stop them. The price of failure is extinction. You are Commander Shepard, a character that you can forge in your own image. You determine how events will play out, which planets to explore, and whom to form alliances with as you rally a force to eliminate the Reaper threat once and for all. How you wage this war is completely up to you: go into combat with guns blazing or use cover to plan a more tactical assault. Utilize your squad to full effect or take a lone wolf approach. Rain death from a distance or go toe-to-toe with enemies using devastating melee attacks. Mass Effect 3 will react to each decision you make as you play through a truly unique experience of your own creation.
Key Game Features
- A Rich, Branching Storyline - Experience a sci-fi epic with multiple endings determined by your choices and actions throughout the game
- Massive in Scope - Battle on many worlds across the galaxy as you unite the ultimate force to take back the Earth before it's too late
- Large-scale and Intelligent Enemies - Battle enormous enemies and take on a smarter type of foe that will consistently challenge your best combat tactics and put you on the edge of your seat
- Unlock a Customizable Arsenal - Tailor each weapon with devastating upgrades including scopes, grips, barrels and dozens of other unique attachments. Each weapon boasts its own powerful impact and visual flair
- Unleash Death from Afar or Go Toe-to-Toe - Customize your soldier and squad to engage the enemy on your terms. A huge variety of weapons, abilities and equipment allow you to combat the enemy in your preferred style of play
- Play with Kinect - Mass Effect 3 features compatibility with the Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360
Here's some neat fanart I found for Mass Effect 3!
Gate 7 Volume 2
Gate 7 Volume 2
|Volume 2 of the newest Manga series by the acclaimed CLAMP team!|
A strange dimension overlaps with our reality, sending magical creatures and bloodthirsty spell casters against the forces of Hana, Chikahito, and their team of Earth''s protectors. As the newest member in Hana''s group, awkward high schooler Chikahito Takamoto is looked upon with puzzlement and suspicion by his other teammates. Finding himself in the middle of a mystical war, Chikahito tries to make sense of the quirky, moody allies he''s found himself aligned with and his own feelings for Hana - a strong, short, and awfully cute warrior!